Have questions, or just want to get your case evaluated?

Free Case Evaluation

Name Changes

Name Change Attorneys

Any person who wants to change their name can do so. However, obtaining a name change can feel overwhelming. There are a number of procedural steps that must be followed depending on whether the name change is requested for an adult or for a child. At Rosenblum Law Offices, our Name Change Attorneys have handled hundreds of name changes. We work with you to ensure your name change is handled quickly, efficiently and anonymously. 

What do I need to change my name?

To change your name you must file the required paperwork with the Clark County Court. Included in your paperwork, you must list your current name, the new name you wish to take, and the reasons for the change. You must disclose any felony convictions to the court.  If you have been convicted of a felony, you will need to get fingerprinted and submit your fingerprints to the Court with the name change forms.  If the name change is granted, the court will submit a copy of the name change order to the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History for inclusion in your criminal record. You must publish a notice of the proposed name change one time in a newspaper in Clark County.  (If you are changing your name for gender identity reasons, you do not have to do this.)  If you believe that publishing your proposed name change would put your safety at risk, you can ask the court to waive the publication requirement.

How do I change my child's name?

Minor child name changes are more complicated and can take significantly longer than changing the name of an adult. In addition to the name change requirements adults must meet, for minor children there are even more requirements. First, a parent or guardian of the child must apply for the name change. Children cannot change their name on their own. Second, if the child is over 14 years of age, the child must agree to the name change. Finally, both parents must agree to the name change unless one parent's parental rights have been terminated or one parent does not have joint legal custody of the child. 

Minor child name changes must be served on both parents. If a parent objects to the name change, that parent can appear in Court and explain why the child's name should not be changed. Chances are, if one parent objects to the name change, and has good cause for doing so, the name change will not go through. 

Why should I hire you for my name change case?

At Rosenblum Law Offices, our Name Change Attorneys have handled hundreds of name changes. We know the system and can move your name change paperwork through the Court in an expeditious and anonymous manner. Let our Name Change Attorneys handle the paperwork and take the stress away from you so that you can live your life. If you have questions about a name change, call us today. We can help. Call us today at (702) 433-2889 or fill out our on-line form for more information.