Las Vegas Car Accident Attorneys
Car accidents are some of the most common, and most injurious, accidents. Even something as simple as a fender bender can lead to slipped discs and whiplash injuries. Back and neck injuries can stay with a victim for years after an accident or show up months after a car crash occurred. The forces at work in a car accident are too intense for the human body to withstand, leading to a very high risk of injury after a collision. Once you see a medical professional for your injuries, find a skilled attorney to determine if you can receive compensation for your medical care, car damage, and your suffering as a result of the accident.
What are common causes of Las Vegas Car Accidents?
Car accidents can be the results of many different factors, from human error to hazardous roadway conditions. While not every car accident is due to negligence, many are. According to the most recent crash statistics, driver distraction/inattention caused 48,774 car accidents in Nevada in 2014. These crashes resulted in 100 fatalities and more than 24,000 injuries. Cell phones contributed to nearly 650 of these accidents.
As the number of mobile devices continues to rise, so does the number of car accidents. The stop-and-go traffic in Las Vegas coupled with the explosive growth in Clark County presents a prime opportunity for drivers to take out their phones – texting, emailing, and scrolling through social media. Often, drivers don’t put their devices down when traffic starts, leading to terrible pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents and rear-end collisions. Other common causes of accidents include unsafe and negligent driving, improperly trained mass transit drivers, vehicular factors such as parts failure, and environmental factors.
When a negligent driver, unreasonably hazardous environmental condition, or parts malfunction causes an accident in Las Vegas, injured parties can rely on the attorneys at Rosenblum Law Offices, for experienced, aggressive representation. Proving negligence in Nevada requires in-depth knowledge of our state’s car accident laws. Our team knows how to make a judge and jury understand exactly how your accident happened, using evidence we gather from the case.
What do I do after I've had a Las Vegas car accident?
If you are involved in a car accident, you can take a few steps to strengthen any claim that you may make later. Never assume an accident is harmless. Some injuries take days or weeks to fully manifest. One of the best ways you can protect yourself is by taking a proactive approach to any car accident:
- Seek medical attention, and help others on the scene if you are able to do so.
- Never accept blame or try to surmise what happened until after an investigation. In the immediate aftermath, you may not clearly remember the events as they occurred.
- Notify your insurance provider but wait to provide details until after an investigation.
- Take pictures of your vehicle, any visible injuries, and the environment surrounding the accident if possible.
- Unless you are taken to the hospital for emergency treatment, stay at the site of the accident until the police and other drivers involved leave.
- Obtain as much information as possible. Ask for witness contact information, record police information, and keep all medical records associated with the accident.
Accident cases may hinge on seemingly minor details, and recording evidence could help you prove a case to your insurer or if you file a legal claim. If you can’t take certain actions due to your injuries, don’t worry. Your attorney will do everything in his or her power to collect the necessary evidence to pursue your claim.
Do speak with a lawyer as soon after an accident as you can. An attorney can help you determine if you have a case and start working quickly to preserve the evidence and your rights as an injury victim.
Why should I hire you for my Las Vegas car accident?
Experienced car accident attorneys understand the local laws that govern driving behaviors and have the resources needed to investigate and reconstruct an accident after the fact. You may hire your attorney to pursue a relentless case against those responsible for serious and catastrophic injuries, but a well-qualified attorney will offer so much more. Your attorney can help you by:
- Representing you with insurance companies.
- Providing advice about employment paperwork you and your family need to fill out during recovery.
- Pursuing a case to cover the cost of present and future medical treatment, lost wages, lost income earning potential, and the loss of quality of life.
- Help you find the medical treatment you need to recover.
The right car accident attorney is someone who is knowledgeable yet compassionate and is constantly accessible. At Rosenblum Law Offices, our Las Vegas car accident attorneys are with clients at every step of a case, assisting with gaining access to all the resources they need to heal. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident call our Las Vegas car accident attorneys at (702) 433-2889 or fill out our on-line form for more information.